What Is Shadow Work?
Shadow work is when we look at the parts of ourselves that make us sad, disappointed, angry, shameful, or regretful and then we begin working on them. The goal is to work on your shadows more objectively than emotionally.
We understand these shadows make us feel bad, but how can we transform them without going into those low-vibration feelings for too long?
How can you do some healing shadow work instead of burying your feelings when you experience anger, guilt, or shame? Or any low-vibe feeling?
Here is a step-by-step process of doing shadow work:
1. A thought pops up about what you did wrong.
2. Instead of going into GUILT & SHAME, go into acknowledgment.
3. Acknowledge you are a human being who cannot be perfect.
4. Ask yourself if this is a pattern you need to break, something you need to heal, or something you need to accept about yourself?
5. Set an intention to break patterns and heal by helping yourself or finding a healer or counselor who can help you. Or… accept yourself, including all your faults.
6. However you feel at this point, remind yourself it’s okay to feel that way. “I feel sad about this, and that’s OK.”
7. Now that you’ve resolved to do the hard work, take one step forward in your new, healthier direction.
8. Take a deep breath and go out into nature, or bring yourself into a mindful presence to raise your vibration.
When your Shadow/Ego Mind reminds you of something you did wrong, release shame or guilt by using self-forgiveness techniques.
This sentence changed my life when I first started doing work on my shadows. I hope it helps you too.
“𝐼 𝒹𝒾𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒷𝑒𝓈𝓉 𝐼 𝒸𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹, 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝐼 𝓀𝓃𝑒𝓌 𝒶𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒.”
Try Switchwords, which are powerful affirmations you can sing, chant, or say aloud that bypass the 𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕡𝕣𝕚𝕞𝕒𝕝 𝕓𝕣𝕒𝕚𝕟! They work very quickly.
Try this Switchword for soothing shame:
BOW makes the shame feeling diminish,
LOVE generates self-love,
RESTORE brings confidence.
Sing or chant Switchwords… or go to my Sound Cloud page to hear me sing it for you! If you’d like to read more about using Switchwords, you can go to this blogpost about Switchwords or this free class on Switchwords.
🕊️ ℍ𝕠’𝕠𝕡𝕠𝕟𝕠𝕡𝕠𝕟𝕠 is an ancient Hawaiian forgiveness technique.
🕊️Say these words over and over in your head when anxiety crops up, you will be amazed at its power.
I love you.
Please forgive me.
🕊️ Say it to forgive yourself.
🕊️ Say it to a situation or problem.
Through healing ourselves, we come into love. Once we can truly love ourselves, we can learn to love others unconditionally. This is the lesson of the 4th Dimension and the way to Ascension.
Healing Sessions! Get a session to get help with dealing with your shadows. You may need to get some help with clearing your aura in order to really deal with your shadows!
Doing shadow work can be so healing, but it also takes some real honesty with yourself and attention to your thoughts. You’ll also need to make sure that you change your behavior so that you aren’t doing things that feed those shadows.
Using the techniques above will give you a good start on doing shadow work. It can be a longer-term process that will require you to do some work, get some help, then do some work yourself again. Don’t be afraid to get help if you need it. Even healers need healers from time to time.